If you love to travel! Then you should definitely have a great wheelchair experience and physical abilities under your belt before travelling with electric wheelchair.
Here are some tips to make travel with electric wheelchair go as easily as possible.
- There are a lot of choices for those who travel using a wheelchair. In this modern era, power wheelchairs are easy to use in industrialized countries than in developing countries to lift on vehicles, road walks with rough patches, and reach most public buildings.
- Always double check that the wheelchair brakes are locked before attempting to transfer and make sure there are no obstructions in the way. This will help ensure a smooth and successful transfer.
- To prevent damage, don’t forget to disassemble certain pieces for easier transportation.
- Take a time to assess your mobility equipment every day, pay attention to the batteries. Take your charger and plug adapter with you and charge batteries before they go dangerously down. If you are hearing any strange noise during travel, then check your wheelchair before anything breaks.
- Know the dimension of your vehicle space and electric wheelchair before travel to avoid breakage.
- If you are travelling in a car, use a special vehicle, mostly a van, to lift the electric wheelchair. With the help of this vehicle, you can lift your wheelchair outside your car and then enjoy travelling.
- If you are going to the airport in your electric wheelchair, you have to contact the airline you are travelling to. If you contact them before travelling, they will take your electric wheelchair along with you to your destination. If your electric chair is foldable, you can fly on an aircraft.
It is very easy to travel with a power wheelchair. If you’ve got an adventurous spirit and really want to test your physical and mental limits through travel, then give it a shot!